Thursday 11 May 2017

Two Floral Postcards

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I'm sharing two postcards. They are very popular in online forums for swaps. Here is one I made with a floral theme capturing the atmosphere of Summer holidays.


For my first project I was working with STAMPlorations' current Stamp Club set Trendy Spring Blooms with sentiments from the Born To Roam set, the Camera Large from their Stamp Lab and the Smile CUTplorations Word Die. Full details on how it cam together can be found in my Spotlight Tutorial on the STAMPlorations Blog.


The ink smudged a bit more than anticipated when I coated the front with Mod Podge. This could be due to the card stock I used, it was different from my previous ones. I might also have been rushing it a bit and didn't put the Mod Podge on thinly enough for the first coat. Worth bearing in mind!

Anyway, if you fancy receiving this post card, I shall draw one lucky winner from all the comments left on this post by Sunday 21st May.

On to my next project, This one I made for the May Postcard Swap at the UK Stampers Forum on FB. I used my new goodies Irises (CS154D) from Hobby Art and some old favourites from STAMPlorations, Mixed Media Grunge for the brick pattern, Life In Full Color for the sentiment and Art Marks for the stamped pink splatters. Here it is:


I stamped and watercoloured the iris and its background. I then stamped the brick pattern and splatters in Blushing Bride SU ink, stamped my sentiment and added blue watercolour splatters and touches of golden eyeliner to finish before coating the front of my card with Mod Podge.


If you zoom in, you can just about see the delicate sparkle of the eyeliner in the center of my iris.

I shall leave you with one last look at both finished projects.



That's it from me for today. If you feel inspired to do some embossing using your die cut shapes, why not link your make up with our Spotlight Project Showcase. We love to see your makes.

Have a lovely week!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps ***, stencils and dies:
Trendy Spring BloomsBorn To RoamCamera Large,
preview-SheryRuss_TrendySpringBlooms preview-SheryRuss_BorntoRoam CameraLARGE

Mixed Media GrungeArt MarksLife In Full Color
MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg preview-SheryRuss_ArtMarks1 SheryRuss_LifeInFullColor-preview

Smile CUTplorations Word Die
smile-worddie
*** Discount code works on sale items too

other supplies used:
CS154D Irises Sharon Bennett Collection - Hobby Art Ltd
Strawberry Slush, Gumball Green and Elegant Eggplant ink - Stampin'Up!
Pool Party card stock - Stampin'Up!
Onyx Black Versafine ink
Daler Rowney Aquafine watercolours in round tin

1 comment:

  1. Both are so creative. Love the vibrancy of the iris flower and how you've made the scene on the camera one is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX