Spring has firmly set in, and the coffee-loving cardmakers are celebrating with a blog hop/linky party.
I thought I'd join the party as part of STAMPlorations DT. Shery is one of the hop's sponsors and asked us, if we wanted to take part. All the DT's projects can be seen here on the STAMPlorations Blog.
Well, I am offering you two pieces of inspiration. First up is a slider-shaker using A Cup Of Roses, one of the new sets, and the large rose from the Blossom Overture set in combination with all thre of the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies.
Here is briefly how it was made:
- you basically cut a frame using the largest and smallest of the nesting dies for the top frame
- cut another frame using the largest and the middle one of the nesting dies for the slider and spacer frame with the top cut away to form a U
- cut a piece of acetate
- cut a piece of card using the large nesting die for the backing and to stamp the cup of roses on.
- colour the stamped image
- stamp, colour and fuzzy cut the large rose
- stamp the sentiment on the slider
- add a tab to the slider and partially attach the rose
- assemble card making sure to put foam tape and sequins/confetti/pearls between the cup of roses panel and the acetate
- the slider and its frame sit between the acetate and the outer frame
Next up is another shaker card, this time a little gungy using sentiments from the Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket in combination with the Coffee Cup Silhouette Die.
- I picked a piece of card with a splodgy background and masked the area where I wanted the coffee cup shaker to go
- next I picked my sentiments, used one to stamp the background and the other one to stamp on a strip of card
- I die-cut the coffee cup from gold mirror card and wonkily assembled my shaker finishing off with some sequins
I am linking my first card up with:
Coffee Loving Cardmakers - Spring Hop
That's it from me for today. Have a lovely weekend!
here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps ***, stencils and dies:
A Cup Of Roses, Blossom Overture Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket