Sunday 12 March 2017

March Stencil Sunday

Hello, Crafty Friends!

Welcome to another Stencil Sunday in March. May I take the opportunity to remind you of the current Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.

My DT contribution for this Stencil Sunday are ... 3 love themed ATCs


I played with Brushos and ARTplorations Stencils, Hearts All Over and Zen Hearts, to make my ATCs. I wanted them to be bright and cheerful for a love themed swap I was planning on entering. 
I simply placed the stencils on my precut pieces of watercolour card, sprinkled with Brushos, spritzed with water, removed the stencils and allowed to dry.

Let's look at them in more detail. First up is the lovestruck Dino ...


I used the Hearts All Over background, stamped the script from the Mixed Media Elements sets inked up in red and yellow (Real Red, Daffodil Delight) all over and added a border from the same set in Chocolate Chip as grounding.
Next I stamped Dino from the Dino Things set on Mixed Media card, watercoloured and fuzzy cut it before attaching it in place.
To finish off, I stamped the sentiment from the same set, added a little punched heart and some doodles.

Next up are the Love Birds ...


Using the second of my Hearts All Over backgrounds, I stamped the script again, this time in Melon Mambo partially wiped off.
The birds from the Birds Of Paradise set were stamped on Mixed Media card, watercoloured with inks (Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo) and fuzzy cut.
To bring it all together, I doodled a border, stamped my sentiment, added a die-cut mesh heart, attached the birds, added two small punched hearts, added the white highlights and finished off with a bit of sparkly eyeliner and glossy accents on the birds' wings.

Last but not least the 'Love The Journey' ATC ...


For this one, I used the Zen Hearts background and added some doodles with a sparkly Gelly Roll Sakura Pen and a red marker pen before adding a little shading with grey Gelato.
To finish, I stamped my sentiment from the Trendy Butterflies set and added a little punched heart.

Here is another look at all three ...


I am entering my ATCs at:
UK Stampers Forum FB Group - March ATC Swap, theme: Love

I hope you feel inspired to create something different, maybe even do some up-cycling or re-purposing .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.


That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

ARTplorations Stencils: Hearts All OverZen Hearts
preview-web-stencil-007-hearts.jpeg preview-ZenHearts-stencil
STAMPlorations Stamps: 
SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements preview-BGBCDinoThings preview-BirdsofParadise stmp1082.jpeg
*** Discount code works on sale items too

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX