Tuesday 14 March 2017

Flowers Bloom

... or bees become butterflies


Hello Crafty Friends!

It's Inspiration Time over at STAMPlorations. This week my teamies and I are showcasing stamps by Becca under her label 'Big Grins By Becca Cruger'.

I decided to work with the Buttercups And Butterflies to create a quick and colourful card using a partial stencil print from a Brusho session I had last week. Here it is ...


It was a pretty quick card to make. I simply turned the partial stencil print to find the orientation I was happy with, stamped my sentiment, stamped some butterflies in Daffodil delight, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red, layered on a piece of Pumpkin Pie card, layered on my kraft base card and finished with a little star on one of the butterflies.


This post was all scheduled and ready to go, when this morning something magical happened. I had been playing with some new dies last night whilst watching television and dropped them on the craft table before going to bed .... the I saw this this morning ...


Without realizing I had placed the butterfly on what was going to be today's project for sharing, of course I had to finish it off especially given the cards sentiment! Bees become butterflies. 😊

I added a vellum die-cut of the solid butterfly shape underneath the filigree one cut from gold mirror card and attached it to my card adding more sequins to finish.

The butterfly is one of the new CUTplorations Layering Dies called 'Flutter Zen 2' due for release very soon, in fact they might even be in their shop later this week.

Here is another close look at my sneak pre-view ...



This week over at STAMPlorations, we are showcasing stamps designed by Becca under her label 'Big Grins By Becca Cruger'. All her sets will be reduced by 10% apart from the Buttercups And Butterflies set I used in my card which will be 20% off.

Of course Shery will still draw a winner at random from all the comments left on this month's Inspiration Posts over on the STAMPlorations Blog. Pop over to see what my teamies created and to leave a comment for your entry into their prize draw.

That's it from me for today. I shall be back again tomorrow with a couple of projects. Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps ***, stencils and dies:
Buttercups And ButterfliesZen Hearts
preview-Buttercups & Butterflies preview-ZenHearts-stencil
*** Discount code works on sale items too

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful spring card Monika,love the addition of the gold butterfly 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - the butterfly fits in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artistic design. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Great work with the Brusho. I could never get a decent look with powdered inks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't happy accidents the best kind of epitomes? Love the way this turned out and I think the gold accent is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, the background gives those butterflies a lot of movement too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was pretty before the butterfly
    landed on the paper - it's beautiful
    now. Love that gold butterfly.
    Have to add that to my list.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX