Tuesday 21 June 2016

Girls Girls Girls

Hi All,

It's Tuesday and this means Inspiration time over at STAMPlorations. For my DT piece I made this card-in-a-box using Groovy Shoes with a little help from A Girl And Her Shoes as I decided to join the revival of this 3D card style with a little bit of Retro Fun.


I first made this style of card about 10 years ago, how time flies. It has since had a revival, and, inspired by Jackie at last night's craft club meeting, I had to give it another go.... shoes and box seemed to be a good combination.

There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube here on how to make this type of card hence I decided to simply focus on the stamping and colouring I did. The base was easy, I just used the shoes and randomly stamped them on pink card (regal rose) using Melon Mambo and Elegant Eggplant. Next I stamped my birthday sentiment in black and a couple of sentiments from the A Girl And Her Shoes set in Mambo and Eggplant before adding some flowers into the mix ...


I stamped, coloured and fuzzy cut my shoes and flowers (for the laced-up ones I used my gelli plate for mirror stamping), assembled the box and finished off with a little glitter from my sparkly gel pen and some faux stitching in black ...


Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog for more inspiration, to browse, enter challenges and simply have fun!

That's it from me for now. I shall be back soon ...

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
Groovy Shoes, A Girl And Her Shoes
preview-ShirleyBampton_GroovyShoes stmp1095.jpeg

3 comments:

  1. Super fun box of shoes and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - always wanted to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! I can only dream of making something like this :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX