Monday 1 February 2016

February CASEplorations


It's February already and over at STAMPlorations we are kicking the new month off with an invitation to join us in the CASEplorations Playground. The Playground will be open for a whole month, the winner of the best CASE as voted for by the team gets a $15 gift certificate and two Top Picks will each receive a $5 gift certificate, full rules can be found here on the STAMPlorations Blog.

What is the CASE inspiration for this month, you might be asking. Well, it is a card by the fabulous Anita in France of My Papercraft World ...


Anita posted about her card here on her blog. There is lots of inspiration to take from her card, such as circles, hearts, rainbow colours, layers, bold sentiment, love theme ...

Here is what I picked:
  • shaded colours down one side
  • bold sentiment in two tones
  • gem, which I turned into gems instead of hearts
  • layers
Finally, here it is, my take on Anita's card ...


I used one of the Grunge Floral Strips and started stamping in Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie ... that's when I realized that I was using my stamp upside down ... I made the decision to have the shading the other way 'round and continued stamping in Melon Mambo and Pacific Point. I added the 'happy' sentiment, SB Happy, in black and embossed the 'birthday' in orange, layered on my mambo base card and added tiny gems to finish.

Pop over to the Playground to join the fun and to see what my teamies and Anita herself made as heir CASEs ... and of course to join our CASE challenge too.

That's it from me for today, back again tomorrow with more inspiration.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here are the sets I used in today's card, links are in the above text
stmp1047.jpeg stmp1051.jpeg

5 comments:

  1. Great idea to bring out that grunge floral strip stamp! Love the inking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to use those oldies, but goodies for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That grunge stamp is one of my all-time favourites! Love the tiny gems on each strip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Monika, your rainbow cascade of fabulous floral panels is gorgeous ... love how you've dressed them with those tiny little gems! Thanks so much for your sweet words and such a fantastic CASE! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX