Wednesday 17 February 2016

Butterfly Prints 1

Hi All,

I promised you a while ago that you'd be seeing more of my Gelli Plate creations when I showed you how to use your Gelli Plate for mirror stamping in this post here. Well today I got another helping for you ... a simple printing technique using dye ink, roller/brayer and stamp.

Here are the results ....



After I had taken the prints, for which there is a short video, all I had to do was adding a sentiment and a few doodled lines before finishing off with some gems. I used the Blossom Like A Butterfly and Bold Sentiments: Hashtag Authentic sets by STAMPlorations to make these two cards which I used to showcase this technique at a demonstration I did for my local craft club ...


I am entering my cards at:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes

I mentioned that there is a little video. Please make sure that your volume is turned up as my voice hasn't yet fully recovered from January's bout of colds. I also made a mistake when introducing the butterfly stamp, it is by STAMPlorations and can be found here.

At this point I am repeating the big THANK YOU to all my YouTube followers, 165 at the point of writing this post, and extend it to my Blog Followers too. I am still having problems with the 'Join This Site' button, it is not working, and I can't get it resolved. However, there is a solution, the tiny green square(s) to the right of it can be clicked and will allow you to join.

With no further ado ... here is the tutorial ...


You might now wonder what happened to the butterfly backgrounds, the finished cards will be posted  here on Tuesday 1st March 2016.

The prints I took during the demo can be seen here as finished cards. I had to split it up, otherwise the post would have been very long.

That's it from me for now, back shortly with more creations.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xx

Here is what I used:
Blossom Like A Butterfly, BoldSentiments: Hashtag Authentic
preview-BlossomLikeAButterfly stmp1090.jpeg
Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks - Stampin'Up!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful effect with your Gelli Printing, and I love how you stamped the butterflies! Gorgeous cards, Monika! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Monika!! Love the technique, and the effect it gives :) Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM this week!
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX