Saturday 16 January 2016

CASEplorations Reminder

Hi All,

Today's project is a little reminder that it is still time to join us in the CASEplorations Playground. This year Shery has given it a proper challenge status, yay! This means the Playground will like in past be open for a whole month, the winner of the best CASE as voted for by the team gets a $15 gift certificate and two Top Picks will each receive a $5 gift certificate, full rules can be found here on the STAMPlorations Blog.

What is the CASE inspiration for January 2016, you might be asking. Well, it is a card by the fabulous Laura Bassen of Doublestick Heaven ...


Laura posted a tutorial on how she made her card here on her blog. There is lots of inspiration to take from her card, such as using texture paste, colour scheme of pastel rainbow colours, the Leaf Prints ARTplorations stencil, the Hashtag Authentic stamp set, twine ...

Here is what I picked:

  • texture without the paste, I used stamping through my stencil instead
  • ARTplorations Leaf Print stencil
  • multiple colours seamlessly blending into each other for which I used Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Pistachio Pudding
  • fine strands of twine which I turned into a squiggly die-cut vellum heart as I am no good at looping twine and fixing it to a card
  • subtle sparklies in the form of sequins

Finally, here it is, my reminder take on Laura's card ...


I attached my Leaf Prints stencil to a piece of Centura Pearl card, sponged my background, picked up my honeycomb stamp from the Mixed Media Grunge set and stamped it through the stencil using Crushed Curry ink. Here is a little close-up where you can see the subtle flecks of yellow on the leaves ...


Next I stamped my sentiment from the Big Greetings set, coloured it using Tinge Alcohol Markers, die cut the vellum heart and layered as seen before finishing off with a few sequins.

I am entering my card at:
Time Out Challenges - Birthday with optional twist of sponging, sponged background on mine
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes

That's it from me for today. There is still time to join STAMPlorations January Stamp Release Blog Hop. Commenting closes 19th January.

As for the CASEplorations Playground, it is open until the end of the month with a new challenge starting in February. So there is still plenty of time to get your creative juices going.

That's it from me for today.

Have a lovey weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used in today's project, links are in the above text:

preview-web-stencil-001-leaves-large.jpeg MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg preview-SheryRussDesigns-BigGreetings

heart die from Tim Holtz Scribbles and Splat - Sizzix

4 comments:

  1. Stunning. Love how you were inspired by Laura'a card. The sentiment coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your translation of Laura's card is absolutely wonderful! I have that stencil; one of my favourites! Pairing it with the new Hello stamp: perfect! Thank you for sharing your *Anything Goes* design in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colorful sentiment - thanks for sharing your project at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Thank you for joining us at TO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX