Sunday 9 August 2015

Playing With Wax Crayons

OOOOPS!!! This post was meant to be published on Thursday .... and then I forgot. Sorry, I was so tired, feeling more energetic again and ready to post. As you can see it is another one of my Spotlight Post from the STAMPlorations Blog



Hi Everyone. Today I am playing with children's wax crayons. Yes, they are the same parents buy to keep their children occupied during the long Summer holidays. I wanted to see if it was possible to create resist effects combining crayons and ink blending. The stamps I used are from the current Stamp Club set Floral Bliss. Here is how I got on:


  • I started off by Stamping and white embossing the larkspur from the Floral Bliss set.
  • Next I added some highlights to the embossed image and in a few places outside of where my frame was going to be using a white wax crayon.
  • Then I blended tempting turquoise ink all over and added some more crayon before stamping my frame in black and the larkspur in pacific point.
  • to finish I blended pacific point around the edges and a little over my embossed flower, added the sentiment, some highlights with a glitter gel pen and a white doodled border
Here is another look at the finished card.



There is also a video on how I made this card. I was meant to be a short one, but then I got into wonky stamping, which called for a rescue mission. If you fancy having a look, here it is, easy to craft along:


That's it from me for today. I shall be looking forward to seeing your creations and how you use this technique. I shall be back again soon.
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

FloralBliss-preview 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're OK Monika, I did wonder where your post had disappeared to! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX