Monday 8 June 2015

Recycling and Stained Glass Effect

Hi Everybody,

First of all BIG APOLOGIES ... I forgot to share the project I made for the Spotlight Feature over at the STAMPlorations Blog last week. It went live on their blog but I forgot to so my bit here. I had a week off to turn the house upside down for some massive re-organisation ... guess what ... it still looks very much upside down!!! I somehow hadn't realized how big a job it was ... hoping to get finished today.

******************************

Anyway, here are the projects ...


This month's STAMP CLUB set The Birds And The Blooms lends itself perfectly for some stained glass effect colouring. First I tried my hand at making a shaker card.


I simply stamped the daffodils and the sentiment on a piece of acetate using black StazOn ink and coloured from the reverse using Peeloff markers. I attached my frame, added some foam tape, added the sprinkles and attached a piece of white card before layering on my white base card and stamping the swirls, using a stamp from the Distressed Floral Swirls set, into place.

TIP!: For a stronger contrast try heat embossing on heat resistant acetate, which would make the sentiment a little more visible. I quite like it with the StazOn only as it adds a little magic and makes you shake the card in order to find out what the message is. :-)

Of course this sounds a whole lot easier than it was. For some reason, my black StazOn doesn't seem to want to stamp properly despite me trying new ink pads, but that's another story. I got over this little hiccup using my MISTI as you can see in the video. I had to over stamp several times to get the ink to cover, and MISTI is perfect for doing just that. It helps you to always stamp exactly where you want to. Once I had the coverage I needed I could colour my image and add the fun bits which was really easy!

Below is a photograph which captures the transparency of the stained glass effect beautifully as the sunlight shines through the painted daffodils. Well it a sort of makes you see double.


Next I tried to create a little window pane.


I stamped and coloured my daffodils and sentiment as before this time giving my blooms and sentiment a green outline. I then attached my frame to the acetate and added the green frame using my Peeloff markers. I then spritzed my base card using Garden Green, Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango Stamp'n'Write Markers before stamping my swirls in Gumball Green and attaching my 'glass pane' directly to my base card. Again you are getting a great glass effect as the splashes are visible through the coloured daffodils.



I made a little video for my first card. It gives you my thoughts and the usual tips and tricks as I go along.


Feel fee to leave a comment on the STAMPlorations Blog too and you will be entered into a monthly prize draw. Just as a reminder below are the sets I used for my projects, the links can be found in the text above.

thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview  stmp1005-a.jpeg

*********************************************************************************

Well, I thought I'd share another project with you. It is one of the cards I made in a mixed media workshop with Lindsay Mason at the weekend. We were able to bring some of our own stamps which I thought was a great idea given that there were about 30 of us in the class.


This one uses alcohol inks on cast coated card. I love hoe the background turned out. It reminded me of the Guinness advert from a few years back hence I had to use horses. The stamps I used were from Visible Image (horses - revolution), Sheena Douglass (flower silhouettes and sentiment - cover gift from Quick Cards) and Indigo Blue (swirl - cover gift from Simply Cards and Papercraft).

That's almost it from me, just a little teaser before I go ... there will be a big birthday bash towards the end of the month over on the STAMPlorations Blog, details can be found here.


Back shortly with more inspiration.

hugs
Monika xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX