Wednesday 21 January 2015

Valentine Love

Hi Everybody,
as promised I'm back again with another piece of inspiration for you. This must have been one of the quickest cards I ever made. I was just about to go to bed last night when I realized that I forgot to make my card for the special Time Out Challenge post over at STAMPlorations. I already had in mind that I would use the lovely new Hearts All Over stencil. I just love those tumbling hearts!
I quickly sponged some pink followed by red over the center. The red adds more depth to the pink and enhances the faded edge look I wanted to achieve. I then aligned and stamped my sentiments (Bold Sentiments: Cherish) before layering on my black base card and adding some confetti hearts for a sparkly finish.

The pink and black makes for a striking colour scheme, here is another more straight on view:
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Time Out - Valentine's Day with optional twist of hearts
Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday
Crafty Creations - something old, something new, stencil is new, sentiments & confetti hearts are old
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Moo-Mania - Anything Goes

That's it for now, back later today with my STAMPlorations Spotlight Project and video tutorial. See you then. Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

inks used: Melon Mambo and Real Red by Stampin'Up!, black Versacolour from stash
Stamps used:
stmp1067.jpeg preview-web-stencil-007-hearts.jpeg

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love those hearts! Thanks for linking to Moo Mania and Moe! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cool!!! Thanks for playing at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunnning...absolutely stunning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft stenciling Monika it really works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amzing design Monika! Thank you for joining us over at
    MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, Monika! Your stenciling looks soft and make a great background to the sentiment! thank you for sharing with The Time out Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby pink and black really is stunning and it may have been a quick card to make but it is perfectly CAS, just how I like cards! Thanks for joining us at ATSM and TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome!! I love your faded hearts background!! Lovely Valentine card! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card

    Thank you for joining us at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Monika. The faded hearts add tonnes of depth to this one layer card, gorgeously CAS. Thanks for joining in at ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty - love that soft sponging! Finally got my stencils today....

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooooo pretty, I love the faded look of the stenciling :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Monika back again with my ATSM hat this time, and it's still a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It might have been a quick card but it looks fabulous!! So happy to have you with us at TIME OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX