Monday 5 January 2015

Sketch 25 at STAMPlorations

Hello All,
Thanks for popping by. I am back today with another one of my DT pieces for STAMPlorations. This time it's for their first Sketch Challenge of the year. Shery has given us a beautiful sketch to work with, and as always there is plenty of room to let your creativity flow.
Here is my interpretation of it:
I decided to create a summer garden feel using Sugar Rush, Trendy Leaves and Distressed Floral Swirls. I created a light yellow colour wash directly on my base card and randomly stamped one of the smaller leaves (Trendy Leaves) using the same yellow ink. I then added the leaf border (Distressed Floral Swirls) in brown before adding a piece of whits card, attaching my coloured ice creams, yummy mint and strawberry with cherries and chocolate sauce seemingly my favourite, stamping my sentiment (both from Sugar Rush) and adding a couple of sequins, some faux stitching and glossy accents to finish.
TIP!: You could equally well mask the white panel off before creating your background instead of attaching a piece of card later.
Here is the sketch for you to worked with and enter this challenge:

The Sketch Challenge will end 16th January and the winner will be announced 21st. This time there will be prizes for the winner and the top picks more details can be found on the STAMPlorations Blog, where you can also link up with your finished projects. Of course as always there is plenty of more inspiration from my Teamies too in addition of our Guest Designer Kim from Art Keeps Me Sane.
That's it from me for today. Off to do some crafting ... :-D
Have a lovely day!
Hugs
Monika xxx

stmp1083.jpeg stmp1080.jpeg stmp1005-a.jpeg
inks by Stampin'Up!: Daffodil Delight, Summer Starfruit, Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Early Espresso Stamp'n'Write Marker

7 comments:

  1. You make that Sundae look really yummy! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were able to bring a lot of stamping to this card! I'm a lucky girl because I have some Ben&Jerry ice cream that's waiting for me... Otherwise your card would have sent me shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Monika...and I'm echoing Nonni...good thing my mom has some ice cream stashed in her freezer, because the craving is strong. No exercising restraint: I'm going for a BIG scoop...or two....or three! LOVE your card!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a dessert overload! Fun interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic take on the sketch! Your sundaes look good enough to eat!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX