Saturday 5 November 2016

CUTplorations November Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends!

Over at STAMPlorations it's the second month of their new challenge ... The CUTplorations Challenge ... It's a monthly challenge requiring you to use die(s) and take inspiration from the monthly changing photo which for this month is ...

image source: Smashing Magazine

So what have we got ...
  • skeleton leaves
  • rain drops
  • umbrella
  • girl being blown about in the wind
  • grey background
  • colours: purple, orange and yellow plus B&W
  • autumn theme, cold, damp and windy

I went with the leaves, colours and the autumn theme which made me think of warm and hot drinks ...


I stamped the leaves using the textured ones from the Trendy Leaves set to get some of the translucent effect of skeleton leaves. I then stamped and fuzzy cut my Sketchy Coffee Cups, added and coloured the heart and attached it to my card. I then added the die-cut border from the upcoming Art Edges Cutplorations Edge/Border Dies (watch out for a Mini Release Hop next week), die-cut and attached the Birthday sentiment. Next I die-cut the Warm Winter Wishes Phrase Die, snipped off the warm and wishes and added them to my card before finishing off with some doodled stem and hearts.

Here is another look ...


Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see how my teamies interpreted the photo and to link up your entry too. A little birdie told me that you could win some of the word/phrase dies we used in our projects in their random draw.

That's it from me for now.
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

CUTplorations Dies: Art Edges CUTplorations Edge/Border DiesBirthday Word DieWarm Winter Wishes Phrase Die
preview-artedges-cutplorationsbirthday-worddie preview-stamplorations-warmwinterwishes

STAMPlorations Stamps: Trendy LeavesSketchy Coffee Cups
stmp1080.jpeg SRD-SketchyCoffeeCups-preview

2 comments:

  1. I think all of us went with a colored background and B&W main image -- great minds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the colors and stamps of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX