Friday 5 February 2016

Love All Around

Hi All,

I have been playing with my Gelli Plate in preparation for a demonstration at my Craft Club in a couple of weeks time. Today I was trying out mirror stamping ... here are the results ...



The first card was actually stamped using one of the sticky, gel like mobile phone holders for your car dashboard. It is a good way for trying out this technique should you not wish to splash out on a Gelli Plate which certainly gives you a clearer print as you can see in my second card. The left hand seahorse and the right hand cat were stamped/printed in this way. The right hand seahorse is stamped, but I wasn't careful enough hence I disguised my bad stamping with a couple of hearts.

I am entering my 'Purrfect Love' card at:
Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS
Addicted to CAS - red

I am entering my seahorse card at:
Sisters Of Craft - Anything Goes
613 avenue Create - Anything Goes, use something from your stash - black hearts which I punched out a while ago, but never used

There is a short video showing the technique which I recorded in between seeing clients today, it's short and sweet as I didn't have time to finish my card there and then.



... a last look at both card ...

 


That's it from me for today. back soon.
Have a lovely weekend!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
from STAMPlorations Sentiment Builders: Love, Pets and Vignette Celebrate Artsy
stmp1091.jpeg TBS-Pets-preview stmp1060.jpeg

From KatzelKraft Les Chats russes, Seahorse and Mur De Pluie
Les Chats russes - Tampon scrapbooking Tampon Seahorse - Tampon scrapbooking Tampon scrapbooking - Waterwall - Format A6

From Stampin'Up! the following inks: Bermuda Bay, Summer Sun, Melon Mambo and Real Red
From Stash: cool grey Promarkers 1,2,3 and black Memento ink; card and black punched hearts punch by Creative Memories, had it for ages)

6 comments:

  1. Great card...Love how the red hearts really pop! Thanks for the video :)....and Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Sisters of Craft. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two favourite creatures, sea horses and cats. These are fab. Love the colours on the first one. Great to have you visiting at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those cats I saw in the ATSM gallery - unfortunately, I am not able to see the pictures on your blog - thanks for sharing your creation at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two amazing cards! The seashores are stunning; your curled up kittens, adorable! Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'd never thought to use a Gelli Plate for mirror stamping! Fab cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX